Easy and Simple Homemade Sugar Scrub
I am back with another post and this time it’s all about scrubs. In my previous post http://the-beauty-journal.com/its-all-about-lavender-oil/ I have already mentioned about my love for scrubs and also gave a little sneak peek into one of my favorite DIY recipe for scrub.
The beauty market at this point is flooded with all kinds of scrubs but I have personally leaned more towards making them at home. Whipping up a scrub is not only easy but also cost effective. After all the ingredients used are right in our kitchen and all it takes is a few minutes to make your own scrub.
So in today’s post I am going to list three really simple and easy DIY scrubs for exfoliation. But first let’s understand why it is essential to exfoliate our skin on a regular basis?
Why is Exfoliation Essential in Your skin care regime??
- It helps in removing dead skin cells accumulated over time due to pollution and dirt, thus unclogging the pores and uncovering new skin cells.
- Makes the skin softer and smoother.
- When gently massaged on the skin it improves blood circulation, therefore increasing the production of collagen which ultimately helps in reducing early anti-ageing signs.
- Cleanses your skin thoroughly and works towards reducing blackheads and whiteheads.
Three Easy and Simple Sugar Scrubs –
Simple Sugar – Ingredients required are Sugar, coconut oil, Lavender oil and one slice of Lemon. Sugar acts as the natural exfoliator. Coconut oil moisturizes and softens the skin, Lavender oil keeps that dryness at bay and removes irritation. Finally lemon adds that extra glow to your skin.
Coffee Magic – Ingredients required are Sugar, Coffee and Honey. The change in the ingredients here is adding coffee and honey.Coffee acts as an exfoliation agent and boosts the skin leaving it more energized. Honey helps in retaining moisture and calms irritated skin
Let’s have some Green Tea – Ingredients required are sugar, one packet of green tea and coconut oil. Green tea is a great source of anti-oxidants that helps to reactivate skin cells and fights against damaged skin.
How to make it and some important tips
- For all the three mentioned recipes take a bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix them well.
- There are no particular measurements required. You can add the ingredients as per your requirements.
- You can also replace coconut oil with olive oil and the lavender oil with any other essential oil. Make sure to not add more than 6-7 drops of the essential oil.
- Wet your skin and apply the scrub to your face or body and massage gently. Don’t be too harsh while massaging the skin because this may lead to irritation. Cleanse the skin with water post exfoliation.
- This will suit any skin type be it dry, combination or oily. My skin is combination for half of the year and dry half of the year and all of the above recipes have worked out perfectly for me.
- These can also be stored in an air tight container for a month. Just make sure that water never goes inside the jar.
- And finally exfoliation should be done not more than twice a week. ☺